Dream Vacation Week
Your Privacy Rights Last Updated: May 25, 2018
Personal data is collected from you in various different ways at different times, including when you register on the dreamvacationweek.com (the Website), transact with us, when you contact us, and when you take part in a survey or prize draw.
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data from children but in connection with travel reservations, we may collect data about children from their parents/guardians.
WVT’s central administration in the European Union (EU) and, therefore, its main establishment for the purposes of establishing a lead supervisory authority in accordance with the GDPR, is the United Kingdom. Accordingly, the lead supervisory authority for WVT in the EU is the Information Commissioner's Office (the ICO).
2. Collection and use of personal information
Your personal data will also be collected when you redeem the Dream Vacation Week certificate. To complete the transaction, you will be asked for information such as name, certificate number, security code, postal address, email address, and credit card number.
The information that we require to process a transaction is only used to complete your transaction quickly and accurately. Your contact information will only be used to provide the product or service, or information relating to the product or service, that you purchase and your billing information will only be used to bill you for that product or service. Other than as detailed further below, we will not use this information for marketing purposes, nor will it be shared with any third parties other than as necessary to provide the product or service.
Whether you are a User or a visitor to the Website, if you email us, you will need to provide us with your name and email address to enable us to respond to you; therefore, this personal data will be collected from you.
3. Purpose and legal basis for processing
When you provide us with your information to register your Dream Vacation Week certificate, or if you redeem your certificate by booking a holiday through WVT, we will process your personal data to complete the transaction and communicate with you in order to perform the requirements of the contract to which we are both a party in relation to that transaction.
Where we use your personal data for marketing purposes, we will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving such communications as part of every communication we send to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing from WVT, you can do this by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us, or where you have registered on the Website, by updating your preferences in the profile area of the Website.
4. Sharing your personal data with third parties
Where WVT or third parties are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we have data sharing agreements in place which provide adequate measures to ensure the security of your personal data. Please ask us if you would like to see a copy of these agreements.
WVT will not otherwise disclose your personal data to any person or organisation, and WVT will never sell your personal data to anyone.
5. Information we collect from third parties
6. Where we store your information and security
WVT employs security firewalls and network-based intrusion detection monitors to protect your personal data. When you place an order online, your personal data and credit card information are tokenized before being sent over the Internet. This protects your personal data from being stolen or intercepted while being transferred through cyberspace. Your credit card information is never stored on our web servers.
Where you are a User, we will retain your personal data for seven (7) years from either the date your profile is created (where you don’t redeem your certificate for travel) or the check-out date of your holiday, after which time it will be purged or otherwise removed from our systems.
7. EU Individuals - Your rights in respect of your information
Right to access
Right to rectify your personal data
Right to be forgotten
In addition to the above, you may also ask us to stop or restrict processing of the personal data we have about you. You may also ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party in certain circumstances. If you would like any further information about these rights or how to exercise them, please contact us.
9. What are Cookies?
• Session cookies allow you to navigate through the Website without having to re-enter pertinent session information. These cookies are essential to Website functionality and will be automatically deleted from your computer when you leave our Website by closing your browser or navigating to another website.
• Persistent cookies are used to recognise you as a visitor and remember certain information about your preferences. These cookies will be stored on your computer until they expire or are manually deleted. Persistent cookies are considered non-essential to Website functionality.
10. Cookies used by WVT
Website behavioral information may be used to provide Website visit information via email; however, we will only send these emails when customers have given us permission to do so through providing their consent in the communication preferences in the ‘My Profile’ section of the Website. We will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving such communications as part of every communication we send to you.
We also use web beacons in select emails for additional analysis. This allows us to understand email activity on an aggregate level. This technology does not collect member specific information.
11. Online Advertising
12. Managing Your Cookies
13. Contact and Complaints
For EU customers, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with a supervisory authority. You can complain to the ICO by writing to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or by calling 0303 123 1113. If you would prefer to make a complaint to a different supervisory authority, we would be happy to provide you with further information on how you can do this.
As a result of improvements we make to our services, changes in the law or developments in technology, we may change the information we hold about you or the method and purposes for which we process such information. If we make any substantial change to the way we use your personal data we will notify you by email.
Information we collect about you
How we use the information we collect
• manage your account and provide you with customer support;
• perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
• communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
• verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
• enforce our terms and conditions;
• manage our business and
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Please review “Your choices about collection and use of your information” below.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
• Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
• Accommodation providers. By booking accommodations on our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and booking information to these accommodation providers. Sharing this information with such providers allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided.
• Other ILG businesses. We may share information we collect, including personal information, with other ILG businesses. Sharing information with other ILG companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. Each ILG company will comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
• Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
• In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
• In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our affiliated companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
How you can access your information
You can review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
• You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
• At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us. To stop receiving promotional mail or newsletters from us; write us at: Dream Vacation Week Customer Service, 9995 S.W. 88th Street, Miami, Florida 33176; e-mail us at email@example.com, or call us at 1.877.819 CERT (2378). Please include your name and address. For electronic promotional communication, this can be accomplished through the unsubscribe link provided in every third party promotional e-mail message. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
• If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties and the ILG companies for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated address for these requests is Worldwide Vacation & Travel, Inc. 9995 Kendall Dr., Miami, Florida 33176. Please include your name and address.
How we protect your personal information
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
Chief Information Security Officer