Dream Vacation Week
Your Privacy Rights Last Updated: September 1, 2018
Dream Vacation Week
Personal data is collected from you in various different ways at different times, including when you register on the dreamvacationweek.com (the Website), transact with us, when you contact us, and when you take part in a survey or prize draw.
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data from children but in connection with travel reservations, we may collect data about children from their parents/guardians.
WVT’s central administration in the European Union (EU) and, therefore, its main establishment for the purposes of establishing a lead supervisory authority in accordance with the GDPR, is the United Kingdom. Accordingly, the lead supervisory authority for WVT in the EU is the Information Commissioner's Office (the ICO).
2. Collection and use of personal information
Your personal data will also be collected when you redeem the Dream Vacation Week certificate. To complete the transaction, you will be asked for information such as name, certificate number, security code, postal address, email address, and credit card number.
The information that we require to process a transaction is only used to complete your transaction quickly and accurately. Your contact information will only be used to provide the product or service, or information relating to the product or service, that you purchase and your billing information will only be used to bill you for that product or service. Other than as detailed further below, we will not use this information for marketing purposes, nor will it be shared with any third parties other than as necessary to provide the product or service.
Whether you are a User or a visitor to the Website, if you email us, you will need to provide us with your name and email address to enable us to respond to you; therefore, this personal data will be collected from you.
3. Purpose and legal basis for processing
When you provide us with your information to register your Dream Vacation Week certificate, or if you redeem your certificate by booking a holiday through WVT, we will process your personal data to complete the transaction and communicate with you in order to perform the requirements of the contract to which we are both a party in relation to that transaction.
Where we use your personal data for marketing purposes, we will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving such communications as part of every communication we send to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing from WVT, you can do this by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us, or where you have registered on the Website, by updating your preferences in the profile area of the Website.
4. Sharing your personal data with third parties
Where WVT or third parties are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we have data sharing agreements in place which provide adequate measures to ensure the security of your personal data. Please ask us if you would like to see a copy of these agreements.
WVT will not otherwise disclose your personal data to any person or organisation, and WVT will never sell your personal data to anyone.
5. Information we collect from third parties
6. Where we store your information and security
WVT employs security firewalls and network-based intrusion detection monitors to protect your personal data. When you place an order online, your personal data and credit card information are tokenized before being sent over the Internet. This protects your personal data from being stolen or intercepted while being transferred through cyberspace. Your credit card information is never stored on our web servers.
We will retain your personal data for so long as we have a lawful basis for processing it in order to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. We will purge or otherwise remove your personal data from our systems at the end of the applicable time period.
7. EU Individuals - Your rights in respect of your information
Right to access
Right to rectify your personal data
Right to be forgotten
In addition to the above, you may also ask us to stop or restrict processing of the personal data we have about you. You may also ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party in certain circumstances. If you would like any further information about these rights or how to exercise them, please contact us.
9. What are Cookies?
• Session cookies allow you to navigate through the Website without having to re-enter pertinent session information. These cookies are essential to Website functionality and will be automatically deleted from your computer when you leave our Website by closing your browser or navigating to another website.
• Persistent cookies are used to recognise you as a visitor and remember certain information about your preferences. These cookies will be stored on your computer until they expire or are manually deleted. Persistent cookies are considered non-essential to Website functionality.
Website behavioral information may be used to provide Website visit information via email; however, we will only send these emails when customers have given us permission to do so through providing their consent in the communication preferences in the ‘My Profile’ section of the Website. We will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving such communications as part of every communication we send to you.
We also use web beacons in select emails for additional analysis. This allows us to understand email activity on an aggregate level. This technology does not collect member specific information.
11. Online Advertising
12. Managing Your Cookies
13. Contact and Complaints
For EU customers, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with a supervisory authority. You can complain to the ICO by writing to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or by calling 0303 123 1113. If you would prefer to make a complaint to a different supervisory authority, we would be happy to provide you with further information on how you can do this.
As a result of improvements we make to our services, changes in the law or developments in technology, we may change the information we hold about you or the method and purposes for which we process such information. If we make any substantial change to the way we use your personal data we will notify you by email.
Effective Date: March 3, 2021
1. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) requires that we provide consumers that reside in California certain information about how we collect, use or disclose your personal information. Under the CCPA, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. It does not include publicly available data as defined by the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Use, and Disclose:
The type of personal information we collect, use, and disclose will depend on your interaction or relationship with us. Below are categories of personal information as set forth in the CCPA and the personal information we generally collect for each category.
Name, Contact Information and other Identifiers: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information we collect: We may collect information such as your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, date of birth, member number, and IP address.
Customer Records: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, current employment, employment history, social security number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial or payment information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Personal information we collect: We may collect information such as your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, member number, and credit or debit card information.
Protected Classifications: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Personal information we collect: We may collect information such as your age.
Purchase History and Tendencies: Commercial information including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.
Personal information we collect: We may collect information such as the products or services you purchased or utilized.
Biometric Information: Physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics that can be used alone or in combination with each other to establish individual identity, including DNA, imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, faceprint, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.
Personal information we collect: We may collect voice recordings when we monitor and record telephone calls.
Usage Data: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
Personal information we collect: We may collect this information as part of your interaction with our website or through advertisements.
Geolocation Data: Precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.
Personal information we collect: We may collect information such as your postal address, zip code, or the location associated with an IP address or particular device.
Audio, Video and other Electronic Data: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as, CCTV footage, photographs, and call recordings and other audio recording (e.g., recorded meetings and webinars).
Personal information we collect: We may collect voice recordings when we monitor and record telephone calls, photos or videos that are tagged or shared with us through social media posts.
Professional or employment-related information: Employment history, qualifications, licensing, disciplinary record.
Personal information we collect: We may collect this information only if you are a job applicant.
Education Information: Information about education history or background that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
Personal information we collect: We do not collect this information.
Profiles and Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a resident’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
Personal information we collect: We may collect or derive information such as your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and behavior based on other information we have about you.
Third-Party Cookies & Similar Technologies:
California Resident Rights:
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights with respect to your personal information as set forth below.
Request to Delete: You may request that we delete personal information we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions provided by law.
Request to Know: You may request, subject to certain exemptions, that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected; the categories of sources of personal information; the business or commercial purposes for collecting and selling your personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; the categories of personal information that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom your personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party; and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
Request to Opt-out of Our Sale of Your Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information.
Submitting Requests: To make a Request to Delete or a Request to Know, please contact us at 866-977-3798 or email@example.com. Please include your full name, postal address, and email address. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we require you to provide a written and signed authorization of your agent’s permission to exercise your rights on your behalf as provided for in this section. Please include your full name, postal address, and email address along with your agent’s full name, postal address, email address, and relationship to you.
If we are not able to verify your identity based on this information, we will take additional steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California residents or their authorized agents in accordance with the law, which provides certain exemptions for disclosure or deletion. For example, we may retain your personal information as permitted by law to maintain your membership or provide the services you requested.
These rights do not apply to personal information we collect about job applicants, independent contractors, or our current or former full-time, part-time and temporary employees and other staff, or information we collect when we act as a service provider.
Non-Discrimination: We are not permitted to nor do we discriminate against California residents who exercise their rights under the law.
2. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s Shine the Light law provides certain privacy rights to individual customers who are California residents. If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to us, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties, if such disclosures were for the direct marketing purposes of the recipient of that information. If you want to opt out of sharing this information, please submit your request by writing to: Dream Vacation Week Customer Support, 6262 Sunset Drive, Miami, Florida 33143; e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us at 866-977-3798.
Privacy rights under Shine the Light and the CCPA are provided under different legal rules and must be exercised separately.
At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted. Third parties, including our authorized service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you visit our website.
Information we collect about you
• Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
• Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
• Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, travel companions, colleagues, etc.) a guest certificate, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient.
• Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
• Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
• Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
We may use Facebook Products (as defined by Facebook, which includes Messenger, Instagram and Audience Network) that enable us to follow the actions of visitors to our website who are redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook advertisement; record the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for marketing, statistical, and market research purposes; serve targeted advertisements on Facebook that match interests determined by your activity on our website and deliver ads on other websites within the Facebook Audience Network. For further information on Facebook's data collection and use and about your rights and options to protect your privacy, please refer to Facebook's data protection policies at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You also can deactivate the Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_.
We may also use Google Marketing Platform, Google Ad Manager, and Google Display Network for marketing and remarketing purposes and may allow third-parties, including our service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our website. This technology enables (a) users who have already visited our website and have shown interest in our products or services to see targeted advertising on websites within the Google Partner Network and (b) us to provide targeted advertising based on user interest. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. More about Google Marketing Platform and Google Ad Manager may be found at http://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090. If you would like to opt out of such ad targeting from Google, please visit the Google Ads settings page at http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
How we may use information we collect
• deliver the products and services that you have requested;
• manage your account and provide you with customer support;
• perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
• communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
• verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
• enforce our terms and conditions;
• manage our business and
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
• Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
• Accommodation providers. By booking accommodations on our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and booking information to these accommodation providers. Sharing this information with such providers allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided.
• Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
o In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
• At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us. To stop receiving promotional mail or newsletters from us, write us at: Dream Vacation Week Customer Support, 6262 Sunset Drive, Miami, Florida 33143; e-mail us at email@example.com, or call us at 1.800.977.7116. Please include your name, address, and member number. For electronic promotional communication, this can be accomplished by simply un-checking the box next to the appropriate promotional marketing section within the “My Profile” page on this website, by writing to us at: Dream Vacation Week Customer Support, 6262 Sunset Drive, Miami, Florida 33143; e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us at 1.800.977.7116. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
How we protect your personal information
No Rights of Third Parties